Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Metamorphosis...Whatever This Is!

Yes, those were Hilary Duff lyrics added on to the title of Kafka's book, Metamorphosis.
But it's only because the first chapter had me in a such a state, that the lyrics fit my reaction!

Gregor wakes up to find he's a monstrous insect? And what does he do about it, he worries that he'll be late to work. So...if he's so disinterested in the fact that he's suddenly not human, and some sort of ridiculous transformation (metamorphosis) has happened to his body over night, then he can't possibly truly be a dang beetle!

But in truth, he actually turned into a bug. This is not metaphorical, it's real kids. But why on earth would he wake up as a beetle? Beats me.

If I were to wake up as something...I'd want to be a black panther. Heck yes. No way would I be an insect, gross dude. I'm thinking a snow leopard would be pretty sweet as well, perhaps any type of large cat I'd be cool with.

But if I could think of ONE thing I WOULDN'T want to be...it would be a beetle/insect, sorry Gregor =(.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ithink he chose to do a beetle/bug because they are viewed as pests and very annoying. So he proly threw in something that not a whole lot of people could accept