Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Absurdist Moment with Aleesha

Weird!

So the day after Thanksgiving my family went out to dinner for my grandparents anniversary. My younger sister and I drove with our aunt and uncle and my parents drove with our grandparents.
We went to a nice Italian restuarant and everything was just fantastic.

When we were all done stuffing ourselves with over-priced, Americanized Italian food, we said our goodbyes and started heading back to the car.

I guess my sister and I weren't paying very close attention. We walked ahead of our uncle and were about to get in the car, he had his keys out like he had clicked the button and opened the doors for us so we got in. When he tried opening the driver's side door, though, it wouldn't open. He thought his unlock button just wasn't working.

My sister and I were already to go and sitting in the car waiting for our aunt when it's taking abnormally long for them to get in...my aunt starts walking away from the car and my unlce follows. Suddenly my sister asks, "Are we in the wrong car?" I said, "Of course not! That's crazy!"

Well...we were! It was so ironic. We jumped out and slammed the doors behind us, we were pretty freaked out.

It was just so strange that the car we chose to go to happened to be unlocked and only the back doors too. My unlce even thought it was the right car until my aunt came along. We just couldn't get over the fact of how perfectly the car led us on. It was so strange.

4 comments:

I'm not lost in the world. I'm just taking a detour. said...

That is pretty weird. I mean what are the odds of you picking the one car that had its doors unlocked.

Nicole said...

Wow, that's halarious. At least there wasn't like someone sitting in the car waiting for someone else, then all of a sudden you and your sister jump in. That would've been much more embarrassing...that's prolly a thanksgiving you're going to remember for a while...lol

-Nicole

Brittanya said...

YOUUU WOULD. I love it though, yes it is absured. However, without absurdism we couldn't build character.

Natalie H said...

First of all, we have similiar interests, I like drawing unicorns too!

As for your blog, thats hilarious! haha I can just picture it now! Plus its really ironic that the car that looked just like yours happened to be unlocked.
Just think if they would have came out and saw you sitting in their car :)
have a lovely day!