Thursday, January 8, 2009

Caucasia (yay!)

So, so far I really like the book!

Like many people in the class, it's been the first book I've been able to thourougly enjoy and want to read during this College Lit class (sorry Mr. Kunkle!). But it's just so much easier to read and it genuinely seems like something I'd want to read on my own outside of school.

I just wish we didn't have so much to read in such a short time =( I'm really behinddd!

I like Birdie, I think she's going to be a heart-breaker someday. I feel bad for her though because of everything she's had to go through. I can only imagine what all these trials and experiences will do to her when she's older, what kind of person she'll be. She'll probably need quite a bit of counseling!

4 comments:

Nicole H. said...

I would have to agree with you. The part about Birdie is really sad and it's hard to believe that a mother/father would put someone through that, but life happens. I hope she gets a happy ending though, 'cause she diserves it.

Winnie K said...

I also really like this book.

I think that it sucks for Birdie to have gone through all the moving and emotional stuff.She definitely deserves to get a happy ending.
I think we are reading fast cause its like a college class and they get a ton of hw and reading. Preparing us for the future...eeeeww

Sami said...

I agree with you Aleesha! I like the book and find it a million times more relatable than anything we've read. It's also something I'd like to read on a beach during vacation. But I'm a little behind too. It's more of a slow read for me, so we'll se how long it takes me to catch up. Yuppp! Nice post!

Erin said...

I agree! That has to be so hard for Birdie, I would never know how to deal with all that she's going through! I like the book, and agree with everyone else, that she deserves to have a happy ending!